CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Paper City...... O.O!!

By RICHARD MATHIESON in the suns news UK

A DEDICATED origami artist spent four years creating this beautiful model city from paper — but now plans to BURN it down.

Wataru Ito, 25, started building the 'Castle on the Ocean' when he became bored during his exams.

Using only a knife and glue, the art student built an entire cityscape by cutting and folding hundreds of pages of craft paper.

The central tower is surrounded by a cathedral, school, theme park, factory and airport and comes complete with electrical lights and a moving train.

The finished piece is now being displayed for the first time at an exhibition on the island of Umihotaru, near Tokyo, Japan.

But Wataru, a second year student at Tokyo University of the Arts, says he will set his work on fire when the show is over.

He said: "I am devoted while I am working on my projects but I quickly lose interest when I complete them.

"When the exhibition is over I will burn the castle.

"I thought I could see it rising up from the ashes if I took a video and played it backwards."

__________________________________________________________________

ch3: hmmmm..... very impress!!!

2 comments:

yoon see said...

So beautiful and majestic!
And my favourite colour is green.
Thanks I really love this post!
Good night!

Anonymous said...

really nice! =)

kenwooi.com